Thursday, November 9, 2017

Magenta Style Christmas Cards - Dimension with Corkboard and Chipboard


Hello everyone!  I just found another treasure in my Christmas stash that I'm excited to share with you. I made these cards a while ago in a Sandy Brien class at the Stamp Art Shoppe and I still think the designs are stunning. Magenta corkboard and chipboard give them beautiful dimension. 

TECHNIQUES:
I sponged the tree card with "lettuce" alcohol ink using an applicator tool and the ball ornaments with "red pepper" alcohol ink using Q-tips.  When the tree was dry, I stamped and embossed the snowflakes with white embossing powder.  I punched out a chipboard snowflake and painted it with gold metallic watercolor. Lastly, I stamped and embossed the sentiment with  white embossing powder.  


For this card, I stamped and embossed the snowflakes and words as shown.  I inked a large snowflake and embossed with white embossing powder. I splattered the background with white embossing powder and heated with my embossing tool.  The smaller snowflakes were painted with metallic paints in gold and silver.  


I colored the corkboard cardinal on this card with "red pepper" alcohol ink using a Q-tip.  I stamped and embossed the snowflakes and words in white on the small layer as shown. I stamped and embossed the reindeer with a patterned snowflake stamp using Versamark ink and white embossing powder.  After the reindeer cooled, I inked and embossed him with clear embossing powder. It doesn't show up here, but the shiny finish looks amazing.


I think this was my favorite card to create. I colored the chipboard birds and greenery with markers.  I slightly moistened a paintbrush and blended the colors.  The edges of the chipboard are outlined with a brown pen and I used a black Sharpie for the eyes.  I used a white colored pencil to add the lines on the leaves and to color the birds' chests. When the chipboard was dry, I added two coats of clear embossing.  For the snow, I sprinkled a little bit of embossing powder onto the chipboard and heated with my embossing tool.

TIPS:
Glossy accents is a good sturdy glue for adhering heavier objects like chipboard.
When layering embossing powder, be careful to let each layer cool slightly before adding the next layer.



TOOLS AND SUPPLIES:
Magenta Corkboard punch outs
Magenta Laser-cut Chipboard 
White embossing powder
Versamark Ink
Alcohol Inks - Lettuce and Red Pepper
Metallic watercolor
Heat tool
Stamps: Magenta -45007L and 07484J
Cardbase: 5 1/4 x 10 1/2
Patterned paper

Whew!  That's a lot of information but these cards are really worth the effort.  I think they're so lovely and elegant. I'm glad I bought extra chipboard and corkboard so I can play!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.

        
  

No comments:

Post a Comment